Sunday, April 6, 2014

Here we go...

Hey everyone,

So, if you have happened to stumble across this blog I'd like to first apologize :P

In all seriousness though, I'd like make a foray into the world of blogging. Perhaps it is an opportunity to pass on some knowledge, while also being a great way to connect with other, and maybe even a chance to learn a thing or two.


  • I will write opinions.
  • I will write about my passions - sport, physical activity, health, etc.
  • I also love to bust health myths, specifically using peer-reviewed science (yes, I realize this may be quite nerdly!) - is it really that bad I love sifting through scientific journal articles? /sigh, probably.... /lowers head in shame...
  • I will write about softball - specifically about the Stittsville Minor Softball Association (SMSA)
    • I am the executive director and very proud of my position. I grew up through the system from Mites to Midget and would love to see both softball and our association grow!
  • I will write about my university experience at the University of Ottawa. I am a few weeks away from completing my Bachelor in Human Kinetics (BHK), and I am extremely excited as I have been accepted into their Masters of Human Kinetics specializing in Consultation and Intervention (MHK).
  • And finally, I will write about my family. We are not perfect. We are flawed. But damn, we are awesome, hehe!
I will leave things off there. I realize I haven't actually talked about much this go around. I figured I would start slow, and let the anticipation build (for my two followers!!!). Please see the video below for how I will let things build up...


If you haven't already, I'd love for people to join me on Twitter, join the SMSA on Twitter, and LIKE the SMSA on Facebook.

Thanks, everyone!




Add caption




2 comments:

  1. Hi Phil, I'm really glad you started this blog. I've been enjoying your posts on Twitter and Facebook and am loving your philosophies on Physical Literacy as it relates to kids. I look forward to reading more. Keep up the great work. ~ David

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Dave! Let's work together and spread the word!

    ReplyDelete